Monday, May 5, 2008

Wild One...and other fun stuff





SOOOO...yesterday afternoon I was upstairs feeding Jack, and John was downstairs watching the end of the Jazz game. He fell asleep on the floor, and Ellie got busy doing her 'art' with a PERMANENT marker! She came upstairs to show me her body art and was so proud that she even drew on her back and the bottoms of her feet. At first I thought it was just a dry-erase marker from her play room but thought I better investigate. Well...I was horrified when I walked downstairs and realized she had drawn all over the walls, hardwood floors, John's brand new desk, the piano, our leather chair, and the wood trim on the staircase!! She was so proud...and bless her heart, it took her a long time to realize how much trouble she was in. John rarely (and I mean very rarely) gets mad at her, and it wasn't until he picked her up and took her to her room for time out that she realized that what she'd done wasn't something to be proud of. Here's a picture of her (check out how sad she was when she realized how naughty she'd been). What a treat!


We have had a few other things going on too...First, my sister Liz had her baby last week!! She had a baby girl (surprise!) with TONS of black hair! She is so beautiful. She was born almost 5 weeks early, so she is still in the hospital in the nicu with a feeding tube. My poor sister has also had some complications and has felt terrible! The good thing is, I think they're both going to be okay.


Out of 4 babies born on the Woodward side in the last 9 months, Jack is the only boy...how fun for him to have three girl cousins his same age!


We had a great time in St. George a couple of weeks ago. We always end up staying longer than we plan because we love it so much! Now we even have an awesome babysitter down there who Ellie LOVES, so we feel like we can enjoy it even more :). While there, I took Ellie & Jack to the Wildlife museum...it was great! My Grandpa has been telling me to take Ellie to it for so long, and I was very pleasantly surprised. So, anyone going to St. George ought to check it out :). We also had fun golfing, swimming, walking, and cycling.




2 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh my goodness, your marker story is too funny! I would have bawled and then put Maren in time out. Ryan would have freaked, but he is more quick to forgive than I am. :)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! Poor Ellie. And your poor furniture. Lucy just broke an expensive Tinkerbell figurine (and of course the Peter Pan one too) and she was so distraut. (sp???) I still need to see photos of your new house. We are in our new place in Park CIty and have SO much to do!