Thursday, May 22, 2008

Little Lucy

My heart is broken. My dear friend Molly is saying goodbye to her sweet little Lucy today. I am unable to articulate my feelings adequately, but I am overwhelmed with grief for Molly and Vic. I am so grateful that they have the gospel and have the knowledge that they will be with her again. I know that Heavenly Father has a special love for Vic and Molly for taking such good care of Lucy while she was on this Earth. I also know He has a special love for them for requiring them to go through the most difficult thing imaginable...letting go of their only child. My prayers today are that Molly & Vic will be blessed with angels to accompany them today and that saying goodbye will be a sweet and sacred experience for them. I pray that they will feel the love and comfort of our Savior and know that He is very aware of and understands their grief completely. It is amazing how many lives little Lucy has touched on her short time on Earth. I, for one, will never be the same. My testimony of the reality of angels and of eternal families has grown infinitely. The time I have been able to spend with Molly, Vic, & Lucy over the last few days has forever changed my perspective on life here on Earth and on Heavenly Father's eternal plan. I am so touched and amazed at the strength and the sweetness that Molly & Vic have had. They are so close to the spirit, and the veil has been very thin. I know they have been sustained by our Father in Heaven and I pray that they will continue to be comforted and blessed.

5 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Hey Anna. I got a text from Darcie Ericksen this morning about what they were doing today. I am just broken hearted for them, and I can't imagine myself in their shoes. Your post was beautiful. I hope they will be blessed with comfort. I know you are a good friend for Molly, she loves you.

alison said...

anna, that was so beautiful. you said all things that i haven't been able to express. take care of you and your sweet family. alison

Evensen Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends lose. I know it must be so difficult for everyone. You are such a good friend and I know Molly must really appreciate you. I haven't been able to stop thinking about Lucy and I didn't even know her, so I can only imagine the impression she left on everyone who knew her sweet spirit. I hope you're doing o.k. Call me if you need help with Ellie and Jackson.

Woodward Family said...

Sweet Anna, I know how you have grieved and cried and fasted and pleaded this past week for your friends. I am so pleased and touched with your ability to serve them and support them as you have. I know it is your worst fear that you would ever lose a child, as it has always been mine and any mothers. I can't get my head around what it must be like. I have shed tears this week too; for Molly, for Vic, for Lucy, and also for the grandparents of Lucy. They must hurt for their children as well as feeling their own great loss. This is a world of sorrow - there is so much loss in so many places - yet is is also a life of such joy. We talked about how this has affected so many people who don't even know the Jacksons like you do, and how there has been such an outpouring of love for them. They prayed for a miracle, and one day - maybe not until the next life - they will recognize such a thing. Maybe part of the miracle is the way people have been humbled in their pleadings with God and how it causes us to have gratitude for life and for eternal promises. I know it has caused me to look inward, to recommit to those things I know to be true, and try to be better. I loved the insight one blogger had for Molly - she said Heavenly Father allows us to lift some of the grief and carry the weight of it when we love with a pure heart. What an amazing thought - that maybe the sorrow you feel so deeply, and that all are feeling right now-does make the burden of grief a little lighter for Molly and Vic. Dad and I pray for you - that you will continue to be inspired as to how to help your friend at this time and going forward.
I know your testimony of the Savior's ability to sustain and understand, and the Holy Ghost's great gift of comfort will help you and everyone who is hurting. Especially Molly and Vic.
Love you, Mom

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Dear sweet wonderful Anna...
This experience has forever changed my perspective as well. I miss you so much, your kindness, and spirituality is exactly what was needed. I have no words to give Molly and Vic. I am so grateful for every perfect smile I had from Lucy. Thank you for all you do. Hopefully, we will see you soon. You are such a good friend.