Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



I'm so tired, but want to briefly describe my feelings as a mom, and for my mom. My Ellie and my Jack...I can't begin to articulate how incredibly grateful I am for the sacred opportunity I have to be their mommy. I love them more than I ever thought it was possible to love! They have changed my life so profoundly...my life has never been so worthwhile. And I'm grateful that I enjoy them so much! I laugh at them every single day.

I have to give John credit too. He makes my life as a mom really sweet. Not only does he provide a way for me to be a stay-at-home mom, but he makes our life with kids so fun. He's a fun daddy, who is SO in love and involved with our kids. So often I hear of couples complaining that their kids hold them back from doing fun things...but our kids just add to the fun things we do! We genuinely enjoy being with our kids.


And my mom. She is the most amazing woman and mom I know. I am so lucky to have such a close relationship and friendship with her. She is so wise, and generous, and funny, and smart, and Christlike. She's the type of woman EVERYONE loves to be around and wants to be like. And I get to be her daughter! I can only hope that one day my children have the same love and respect for me as I have for my mom.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, sooooooo cute!!! I love this picture!!!!!! You're so lucky ellie will just zonk wherever. They are soooooo cute!! Jackson looks so cute leaning on her!

Lizzy said...

Such a good post. Isn't mom the best - we are so lucky to have her as OUR mom!! hope you had a wonderful mothers day!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

What a great Mothers Day! You are such a wonderful mother and such an amazing and charming woman - miss you tons up here. So glad you are all healthy & happy.

Heidi Hamilton said...

So - I'm finally getting around to leaving a comment, so hopefully you get my blog address from this. It's been neat to see you guys - I'm just so sad that it's been under such awful circumstances. You are amazing for all the support you're giving the Jacksons. You have such a beautiful family - we'd love to see your kids sometime - especially since they're somewhat close in age.

Woodward Family said...

You are a darling little mother - I couldn't love you more.
Thanks for the kind words - I'm not deserving but I am grateful. I love that I can spend time with you again! Mom