Thursday, March 26, 2009

My princess...a work in progress :)

My funny Ellie- We have to make cookies about once a week, and last week, she turned the mixer on full blast. This is what we ended up with :)

My freaking funny nephew walked over to our house last week with this awesome outfit on :).

So Ellie has a princess costume that she wears almost every day. It's totally worn out, but she loves it anyway. So last night I told her I have a princess costume too. John got out my wedding dress, and we played dress up. Ellie LOVED my dress. She said it was a 'real' princess dress, and that I was Cinderella. I said, "Yes, sweetpea, I sure am Cinderella. I cook and clean and answer to everyones' whims every single day." Yes, my wedding dress is blue. Sort of an ice-blue...so I can actually see why Ellie thinks it looks like a Cinderella dress. It was really fun to play dress up with my Ellie. She really is my princess. Last week I called her my princess and she got all mad and said, "I'm not a princess!...I'm a queen." That's my girl! I just have to work on her femininity. :)

7 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

She is so cute. And I LOVE your wedding dress, too! And of course I'm jealous that you can still fit in it! You both are beautiful queens.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

You are gorgeous in your wedding dress! Those pics of Ellie are classic. Love the cookies on her face! It is not uncommon for me to look like that when I bake.

Mom said...

That princess picture is DANG cute. Way to go, Anna!!!!!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I just checked in and there are two posts. You know I love your wedding dress (and ice blue is so fitting with your ice cold personality--JUST KIDDING). Ellie's face is hilarious in the cookie pictures. Sorry I haven't called you back. I'm coming down on Thursday--let's get together!

(I almost cut Lucy's hair into a bob and I'm so glad I didn't. The only time we ever cut her hair was to save the locks in the hospital. Sad.) But I'm glad you got to experience that first hair cut. Someday Ellie will have enough hair to cut. :)

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Ok that is so freaking cute... you are such a good mom....and aunt. And I vote that Jon starts refering to you as "your royal, incredible, most fabulousness highness". Hey, it's worth a shot. Love you.

Jen said...

Way too cute! I don't think I would dare try on my wedding dress. It and you are gorgeous! Ellie is too cute as well - love the flour faces!

Charity said...

So I decided to take a look at your blog and was surprised to see three new posts. :) That is so fun to dress up in your wedding dress for Ellie! I would have loved that as a little girl and will have to remember to play fun dress up with my daughter when she's older (I used my cousins wedding dress so we'll have to find something else... :))

Also, I was amazed Jackson sat through his hair cut and actually liked it! When Caleb's mullet was too much for me I tried cutting it myself (very bad idea!) and then had a beautician friend come to my house and fix it. I was way to nervous to go somewhere.