Friday, March 6, 2009

February update

Where does the time go??? Didn't I just post pictures from Hawaii last week? Oh wait, that was almost a month ago. So much for posting more often. It's a good thing I don't have many "fans":)!

Anyway, February. It must have been a busy month because I didn't find time to blog...either that or I didn't have anything worth blogging about. We'll pretend like it's the former.

The most impressive thing that happened all month occurred on the last day. Johnny participated in a duathlon in St. George last weekend and came in 2nd in his division, and 12th overall!!! I was so impressed! There were close to 200 participants, and he came in 12th!! He even beat his brother who is only 30 (sorry Chris!)! And he wasn't even tired at the end. Way to go John! And then, Ellie ran in her very first race, and did great! They had a kids race after the main event, so Ellie and her cousins Ben and Abby ran in it. Ben is a natural and was by far the fastest kid his size. And Ellie and Abby did great too...and they were all so proud when they finished and all received medals.

Speaking of Ellie's cousins, they came up from Las Vegas to spend the weekend with us and it was SO fun! They are such a darling little family, and I think Abby is Ellie's very favorite person. She loves her so much! They are only 3 months apart and love being together.

So, we were in St. George for just over a week. It was so beautiful. I took the kids to the park at least once everyday and often we went twice. Sometimes I think I should live there. On Monday, Ellie and I went hiking in Snow Canyon. I wasn't sure how she'd do scrambling on the rocks, but I was amazed. She was fast and fearless (in a good way - cautious, but not scared like I thought she would be). We scrambled all the way to the peak of a mountain and met a group of adults coming back down. They couldn't believe how well she was doing. I was thrilled because Snow Canyon is one of my very favorite places and I could hike for hours and hours there, so I'm really glad that Ellie enjoyed it as much as she did. The thing that freaked her out more than anything else was a big black beetle that she thought was going to follow her down the mountain. Funny girl!

The only bummer (and it was HUGE) was that on Sunday, we all woke up SO sick. Puking - the whole works. Jack had thrown up a few times since we'd been there, but I thought it was just a bug that wouldn't be strong enough to get the rest of us. I was so wrong. It was terrible! Poor Ellie threw up in bed and then was up every two hours after that throwing up again. And John got it the very worst. He was the sickest of us all. It sucked. Thank goodness it was short lived. By Monday the kids and I were better. Only John has had it linger a little longer - poor guy.

And that's my travel-log for the month. If anything interesting happens this month, I'll take time to document it. I do have some fun things on the calendar, so I'll try to update.

2 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Hey - I am a FAN! I love to read your blog. Congrats to John for his duathlon - that's awesome! Glad you guys had a good time down in St. George. We had a similar "sick" thing happen over Labor Day last year. NO FUN! I'm so sorry!

Charity said...

Wow, 12th place is very impressive! It's fun to read what your family is up to now and again. :)