Sunday, October 26, 2008

I did it!!

Okay, so those who know me know this is completely out of my element...but I completed my first triathlon last weekend with my sister and sister in law! We all have new babies and thought it would be a great way to get in shape. I was afraid I wouldn't even be able to finish. But, I did! And it was so fun! And I did better than I thought I would...5th in my division! We all had so much fun doing it, that we're ready for our next one. And, how sweet is this - the night before the triathlon, John took our kids to buy me flowers and a card. He's been really excited that I did it. The only thing is - I should have gotten a TAN before I went!! My legs could blind you. Hooray for Katie, Liz, and me!

6 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Great job!! That is awesome! You are inspiring me to do something like that after I have this baby. I'll have to call you and ask about how you trained.

Heidi Hamilton said...

Awesome Anna! You look great! Aren't triathlons so much fun? The training isn't always, but I LOVE race day!
Be careful - they can be addicting!

Melissa said...

Way to go Anna!! I'm so proud of you, that's awesome :)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I can't believe it!!!! That is so great! I'm so bummed I didn't listen to your message the other day because I was totally at home doing nothing.

I'm so proud of you.

suz said...

I'm way proud of you! Congrats on the race!!!!

Steph Kearns said...

Anna!! That is great! You never cease to amaze me!