Friday, August 1, 2008

July Recap...

How time is flying! I've been slacking on my blog...perhaps no one has noticed :). So, I thought I would do a quick recap of the month of July, which was really fun and busy.

We started the month in Midway with the Woodward family reunion. We had a great time! Ellie loves spending time with her cousins, and I love spending time with my sibs and parents. We golfed (John & I came in dead last...we're pathetic. Good thing I gave him golf lessons for Father's day. We'll see how they're paying off when we play next Saturday.) On Thursday and then went to a private chuck wagon dinner. I think that was my favorite part of the weekend. Ellie got to ride two horses, we did a wagon ride to and from the dinner, ate good food, and just had fun. Friday we had kid races, games, swam, etc. Then we had a delicious fajita dinner and did fireworks, which scared Ellie to death! Oh, and we did a great bike ride. Saturday we swam, shopped, and just hung out. It was a really fun weekend. Of course I laughed my head off at my brothers...they are so funny! Good times.

Ellie loves Horses...and isn't afraid to ride them all by herself!
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj6LmGQdmg3QO_tOi2JlmpMyRaXM4xBT7izo99dNTaGltu03fKZu5aykFLVjhKyLUDqvxwkLJhGMvDLVXriRZMEiB-2wH3sw2mz30OkcDkRJ0IZDtBulPEibIJsXAlUH7qBXaQshf8m1aw/s1600-h/Ellie+chillin%27+with+the+girls.JPG">
Ellie hangin' with the girls.a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiKu4rWFI7ABcGiGiQiMwL3jVnVxTGZs3TAfsXJLiWVpJMBLmcbGkk2iA7KeaYYebrDbWCd4k9gfQ714bL1zjwItL8SUdDs_5rkVt5bB5Xik_5NWM36-K0wWsKSZdgYGgnc8WBGV_P4tfc/s1600-h/fireworks+-+loud!.JPG">Ellie didn't like the fireworks very much.a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhdWFG3p6yaJzNq6upI-cPyOPe6CSe0M-qj01tnLTpc0mh9gxwnFce84oIyUnZgOBFs5ZaVgs915tNa_z4bwftYdG_KDU3AfnOvhwnxowRckL0Gd4qJ11d4XYpRkISMILS8J7ET1N25SKI/s1600-h/4th+of+july+jack+slept+through+fireworks.JPG">But, later, Jack slept through them.

Ellie's been in swimming lessons twice a week this summer and is such a great little swimmer! Everytime I take her to the "big" pool, people are amazed at how well she swims and can't believe she's only 2! a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEilt-UNHNvclN31I3CyyyYKksdyRfaj1QlTYDxd8Wo2ODSm14o009mq7Cu9ltksz4FTdUC8mI-16W6kxnnqovCFrPzHYIVaPei5v8PTXljAd_kHhjEpcQKJVHm-xOOhXw63wYjbv7JKnPU/s1600-h/IMGP1218.JPG">
John took Ellie on a daddy - daughter vacation to Cottonwood Lake. They had a great time fishing, hiking, and playing with Ellie's cousins. So sad I couldn't go (okay, not really!). I suggested they make it an annual event...just daddy and Ellie...and eventually Jack. But, I'm not sure John is too keen on the proposal just yet.

Here are just a couple more pictures of things we did in July.

Alpine slide...Ellie could have ridden it all day...
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiouXJoCmonawkpSbFEF_V4_NnIQzt5MAF8cgxwmfz_raL00Hj0uM5VB9f5Vlh171_ctG632_7DGmbwXs9y8hsoOeB3UcFn_5utXSYtEuZ0CKHF6-SsQKA9t_g0tHvwbstQXkbZiZK5xt4/s1600-h/IMGP1199.JPG">Ellie chillin' around the campfire.a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiisO0MR6nha7doNWp8fjD-pra8T_kcRM3J5m4jYUzC6ja7FaQwL51OBQXF1O7i_V3i0Z4DrhIfgNmiyUG12OftNx5_aXDYiaQOqdXk1zKlruTeTKvJd5pWLZ6249xYK3zX7B5sJnHImFI/s1600-h/IMGP1203.JPG">Jack sleeping through more fireworks...Aren't my boys cute?! Like father, like son.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-SZVLaq84PIQSjICQy1BfK2K15mBPjScsxO_syo2duDVnK9lR_aBzhoefRY_r3r_fwxinS1BM2mY5a4iIK4lIA_6zEJ6ywBltPpNedgf9ghgVSYVRUczcZcTjtQotR7lhPGo8guPnCyU/s1600-h/IMGP1197.JPG">Ellie loves water, even when it's freezing cold! This is up Millcreek Canyon with the Woodwards.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEie1sL8HtDt8Vmcj6DU6YuK0nuy77zdsPqO17tdrSA9gPxMkXeiBlgoe7ErZP0IPii8EmNQR62CO9nNvXSo22SAIaIYKAkm4VLqkhMje1MjZpZNoeBuNyObJxuuY_UeeW0xVtGH-pqv8FI/s1600-h/IMGP1209.JPG">Should we be worried????
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh16xxxfdCOMef2kg_LrMfVQtSsjDAFf_244mGiOm2fewmPuBlxr3D7MlIH5r2s6HDfoTjz7XyfnCCug7HwbIJRTAJUAdFzOZuK8MckviDjYoe0SA_NuFGkuKeuAJ_-JR-zJUnZMZOJeAQ/s1600-h/IMGP1153.JPG">
I know the pictures are annoying with all the writing...but Jack is crying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it right now...sorry!



4 comments:

Woodward Family said...

Anna, I am so glad to be part of your little family - What happy and blessed little kids! I love you all...I love reading about all you do - it helps remind me of my summer delights since I am not such a great journal person. Love you - Mom

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Maren horseback riding. Isn't being a mom the best? You want to experience everything with your kids. I can't wait to put Maren in swimming lessons, either.

Mom said...

Very nice recap!! And, I DID notice that you hadn't been blogging lately! :)

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

So cute. I love the pictures of Jon with the kids. And way to go Ellie on swimming - you're awesome! Love you guys.
PS we moved to Portland - so Boise is half way - if you are there - I would meet you there in a heart beat! Any reason you guys can think of to visit the Coast??? Please?!!