Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little Squirt


So I've been thinking Jack is so big...until I took him to his 6 month doctor visit. He's TINY! His doctor measured his height 4 (yes, four!!) times because she couldn't believe how short he is! He is 25.5 inches tall, which is the 20% for his age. AND he's only in the 15% for weight, and 30% for his head. He's just a little guy. A cute little guy for sure! And the HAPPIEST baby ever. Last week I took him to get his picture taken before his teeth start coming in because he has such a huge round mouth when he smiles and it is ADORABLE. So, I took him, thinking the photographer would take a gruntload of pictures. It literally took five minutes. He was so happy and cooperated fully. I think they only snapped like 10 pictures, and Jack was smiling in every single one. He's so happy all the time! Anytime we're in public and he catches someone's eye, he starts smiling and "talking" to them. And his eyes...oh, they're beautiful! They're so big and bright...and they sparkle whenever he smiles. It's really funny to see how he can engage people. And he loves to cuddle with people who hold him...he is so sweet! He buries his head in my neck and LOVES it when I kiss his cheeks or ears. And he is so ticklish...he gets laughing so hard when we tickle his legs and tummy and neck. Can you tell I'm in LOVE??? Ooohhh...I love my baby boy!

6 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh my goodness, he is the cutest little Mini Me of John ever! :) We miss you guys. We'll have to get together sometime soon. This summer has ended up being kind of crazy with lots of stuff going on, but we will have to plan something!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I love Jack and need to see him soon.
Seeing Jack's mom would be ok too.

Melissa said...

Hi Anna! I think Jack is the cutest little guy ever. I can't get over how much he looks like John. We REALLY need to get together soon before the summer is gone. Call me and let's set something up k.

Mom said...

Oh, Anna, he's so darling!! And it's fun to hear you so smitten!

Heidi Hamilton said...

I love to read your blog and how positive you always are - especially about motherhood. It is amazing, isn't it? And Jack really is such a cutie!

Lizzy said...

i am serious when i say that i don't think there is a baby boy as cute as Jack!! I can see why you are so in love - his smile is so adorabe - and what a happy little guy. i am lucky to be his aunty!