Sunday, August 10, 2008

Eyelashes...and other random thoughts

Have I ever mentioned my children's eyelashes??? I wish I had a better camara and I would post pictures of them. They are spectacular. Both of my kids have beautiful eyes (something I'm SO grateful for, given my lifelong eye issues)...and both of them have super long (and very thick) eyelashes! Ellie's are long and straight...they hit her sunglasses. And Jack's curl perfectly! They are awesome. My lucky kids. Maybe when Jack is married, his wife will pin him down and put mascara on him...sort of like I did to his daddy!! Okay, John was recovering from knee surgery and couldn't get away. He has the longest blonde eyelashes I've ever seen on a guy, and they were too pretty for a guy when they had mascara on!! It was torture for him, and he's going to kill me for telling the world that I put mascara on him!! It was just too tempting...men just shouldn't be allowed to have such beautiful eyelashes :).

By the way, I forgot to mention a very fun evening we had with John's college buddy, Jared. We always love it when he comes in town and wish he lived closer. And we'd REALLY like to find him a wife...preferably someone in Utah who would force him to move here :). He's a great friend to John...and I now claim him as my friend too.

Another side note - I must make killer cookie dough...it seems men can't get enough of it! John and his buddies eat it as fast as I make it and I only get one batch of cookies out of my dough...and even that I have to fight for. Even Ellie now prefers my cookie dough to baked cookies. Jared took some home to California with him and has horded it. And we gave some to Anton for his birthday...I'm so lame! But I know he likes it, so that's what we gave him - a batch of cookie dough!

Johnny and I had a really fun day yesterday. We golfed in the morning, and both played better than normal :). Then I worked out with my trainer (yes, I'm still working out with one and my muffin top is slowly diminishing!) for 2 hours (I know, crazy! And unusual...I don't normally workout for that long.), and then John and I had a fun date at Ruth's Diner. My pork tenderloin was to die for and I ate every last bite. There was a great band playing so we just stayed and enjoyed the evening for a while. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you.....(you didn't seem to mention it was your birthday)

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Anna!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday :) It looks like John made your day really fun.
~Melissa Jeppson
www.melissaandalma.blogspot.com

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

I was hopelessly vague in my whereabouts. You weren't the only one mislead - Danny and Darcie just called to. What a wonderful day with your huney! Happy Birthday Anna, you are an amazing, inspirational, honest, true, good woman. I adore you.