Thursday, April 10, 2008

Moose!




Sunday night we had four, YES 4, moose in our yard! It was a little family...a bull, a cow, and two calves just walking around! By the time we got the camera and followed them we couldn't find the bull, but here is a picture of the other three. It was fun to see some wildlife on our last week here. It's definitely a reminder that we're leaving the mountains. I wonder if we'll miss the wildlife. We see moose every few months right in our yard, and last year John chased a bear down the street from our house (some of you may remember seeing him and his pictures on the news :)). I don't think we'll see that kind of wildlife in our new neighborhood! Sad. At least I won't be freaked out about taking my kids on walks. Last year I got so spooked by a giant moose while on a walk, I wouldn't go near that trail again.

No comments: