Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Love of My Life




This weekend, John and I celebrated our 5th anniversary! We can't believe how fast the time has gone...it seems like just yesterday that we were planning our wedding! Johnny is the love of my life. I feel so blessed to share my life with him. Here are some pictures of some of the fun things we've done together in the last five years.



John proposed on the 9th hole!


WOW! I was shocked...and SO excited!



Dancing at our wedding

Feeding cake



Hot air balloon ride for my birthday



Tour de France 2004

Biking in France
France
Cottonwood Lake


Tubing (this is out of order, I know)


London 2005 - pregnant with Ellie

England 2006
Hawaii 2007

And, of course...CA. We've been to Southern California at least 3 times per year of our marriage...and since having Ellie & Jack, we have yet to miss Disneyland when we're there. I know, we're kind of crazy! Okay I am a lame photographer...and those pictures aren't great. And in fact, don't even BEGIN to capture the wonderful adventures we've had. I don't have pictures of our first two trips to Hawaii (before kids), pictures of Scotland, snowshoeing, camping (which most of you won't believe I've done without the proof of pictures!), or our daily adventures as a little family!
And yet, while fun, the adventures & vacations are just a small part of the wonderful life I have with John. I remember while planning our wedding, numerous people I worked with on flowers, my dress, etc. commented on what an easy bride I was to work with. Now, most of you know I can be very fiesty, but I was so happy to have finally met the right man, that none of the frivolous wedding things meant much to me. And I still feel that way now. I am so blessed to have found the right man -a great, noble man - that the fun frivolous things are insignificant compared to the peace I feel knowing that we are an eternal family.
I love my Johnny with all of my heart.

9 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Congratulations! You know, when I read that first line, my mind said 50th instead of 5th. I laughed, but at the same time I could see you guys in that pose when you're both old and grey (and still looing fabulous).
Your pictures were great and fun to see through the years.
Hope you guys do something fantastic!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great couple you are. I think we were in France at the same time as you in 2004 for the tour, it's too bad we didn't know each other at the time. Hope to see you soon!

Lizzy said...

congratulations!! i love john - I am so happy you married him. You guys are the greatest couple. Happy Anniversary!!

Steph Kearns said...

Anna...I am so glad that you found John and are so happy! You two are great people. Happy Anniversary!!

Suz said...

Happy, happy anniversary! We are so glad that you two found each other!!
Congrats on 5 years! It just keeps getting better.

Evensen Family said...

Congratulations on 5 years! I can't believe how fast it has gone by. It seems like it was just yesterday, but then again so much has happened in those 5 years. Hope you were able to get away and have your massages.

Melissa said...

Happy 5th Anna and John! I'm so glad the two of you found each other 5 years ago. I love ya both and hope to be able to get together soon as it's been way too long.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Ok, it's been way too long since I've seen you. jack is crawling?? What? I was in Salt Lake today and did NOT want to come back to my empty house. I almost called you (I know, I know). I will call next week and i WILL see you. Happy Anniversary! John is a wonderful guy. You are lucky to have him and so lucky that he puts up with your fiestiness! (sp?) I love it.

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Congratulations! You guys are a power couple, meant to be together in every way. I am so glad you found each other, and that I got to know you. Your blog inspired me, I am going to tell Kent I love him right NOW!! Love you guys.