Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our little family

I'm still trying to upload Ellie's picture. My kids may look sweet in this picture...and a lot of them time they are very sweet. BUT...they are both very naughty sometimes. Like yesterday. After church yesterday I marched right into my bathroom and locked the door and cried until my eyes were swollen and my makeup was all over my face. I looked quite comical actually! So our church is at 1pm, and sacrament meeting is last. By the time 3pm rolls around, my kids are not only grumpy, hungry, and tired...they are tired of sitting still. Yesterday was no exception. They were restless. I often feel like we are "that" family (every ward seems to have one) where the kids are out of control. Ellie had her feet up on the bench in front of us, and Jack was trying to run on the bench we were sitting on. Finally the lady sitting in front of us turned around and said to Ellie, "Shhhhh. This is Jesus' church.". At that I got up, took both my kids out and stayed in the foyer for the rest of the meeting - on the verge of tears. Then after the meeting a sweet woman sitting behind us in sacrament meeting found me and said how sorry she was that the other woman had turned around. That's all it took and the tears started flowing. She tried to convince me that my kids weren't loud or disruptive, but I knew better. I had to get home fast. I composed myself as well as I could, apologized to the woman who told my daughter off, and left. Mortifying. I hated yesterday. I went to bed at 9pm and slept for 12 hours! I feel much better today.

On a much happier note, John and I booked a quick weekend get-away to the Bahamas. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. It will be my first vacation since John got sick, and it is MUCH needed. I'm hoping to come home feeling like a new person!

And a quick update on John. He is sick (again!!) with another sinus/chest cold. He went in today for a ton of tests and we see the immunologist on Thursday. We are really hoping to learn more about his IGg disorder and what the prognosis is. I'll post when I find out more.

Christmas was magical. My kids LOVED what Santa brought and it was a sweet holiday. I spent Christmas Eve with my dad and New Years Day with our dog snow shoeing in the mountains, and it was good for my soul to be out in the clean air and sunshine.

5 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Oh, Anna, I'm so sorry about your church experience. Ours is at 1pm, too, and it's rough. Thankfully, our sacrament meeting is first, though. I can only imagine w/ it being last. I'm sure your kids are just like everyone else's - but I would want to run out crying, too. It's hard enough...
Great updates. Beautiful picture. And I'm soooo jealous about your vacay plans. Sounds great.

Erik and Tammy said...

Last year, our church was at one, now at nine. It is a year long of torture for those with little kids. By October, I think my ward just passed me off as inactive because I couldnt take it anymore and it was REALLY easy to find excuses not to go.

I am so glad I am not the only one with "out of control" kids ;)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Honestly, that lady should not have said that. She must have forgotten what it is like to try and attend church with two young kids. We are out in the hall almost every Sunday because Maren won't sit still. So I completely understand that.

Do you guys want to get together and have dinner sometime soon? Maybe a Super Bowl party or something?

So sorry John is sick again. :( Poor guy. I hope he feels better very soon!

Jen said...

First - that is a beautiful family picture! You all so too cute!

Second - We've all felt the way you did on Sunday. I feel that way with my little Sarah who wants to hang out in the isle and the twins who are fighting about who gets to sit where. I can't imagine having Sacrament last. It's hard enough as adults sitting for that long, you can only imagine how the kids feel! You are an awesome mom.

Lastly - have a fabulous time on your vacation! You deserve to rest and relax and I hope you can for a few days!

Hope John feels better soon! Thinking of you! XOX

Krista said...

Anna, speaking of your church experience. We once had 3:00-6:00 church. HORRIBLE!!! A couple of weeks ago my son's sunbeam teacher told us to stop reproducing. My husband said he was trying. We are "that" family, even with my husband as the Elders Quorem President and me in the YW Presidency. I think most have experienced being "that" family even if they have forgotten. I love your amazing family picture. Who took it?